Friday, September 5, 2014

You Did What!!

Yesterday Todd was up at the trailer packing and organizing. Ken came up and asked him if he would help clear a trail of course Todd is more then happy to help!! Sunny and beautiful out Todd left the top vents open there were no clouds in the sky. We do not have vent cover yet but after this experience I believe this is something we will be investing in :-)

I am working today so around 1 pm clouds dark clouds covered they sky and I did not know that Todd left the trailer so I was not worried about the rain coming although, I did ask for no rain until we left. Few minutes later Todd pulls up with Ken at the gatehouse he is going to wait down here with me until I get off. The rain starts to come down in a drizzle Todd realizes that he has left the vents open it is only drizzling.  I have 10 minutes left it should not get inside that much we are covered with trees. I am off and we are heading up the mountain to the trailer.The skies open up and pour to the point we can not see in front of us! OMG I tell Todd to speed knowing that is not a good idea when you can not see in foot in front of us. 

Get to the trailer I am stressing and I do not go in first Todd does. The rain is all over the place we have three vents all three were open. The bed is wet luckily we have a water proof bed cover because we have pets that get mud on the bed and it is easy to wash.Just the sheets were soaking wet the mattress was not thank goodness. The bathroom is wet the toilet paper is soaked and it was our last roll guess where we are going today to town lol... The living room was just wiping it off the floor. I freaked out tho and cause and argument between Todd it was not intentional I am just a stress monkey I am hoping this lifestyle will mellow me out a bit :-). All cleaned up Todd turns the heater on to dry the sheets 

Later that night we try to make dinner guess what using the heater to dry the wet sheet not a good idea now we are out of propane LMAO what a day I guess going into town today will be for more then one thing at least. 

The vent covers sounds really good about now But since we are not going to be in this rig much longer we are not going to buy them for this. You better believe that every time we leave the trailer no matter what the weather is outside we will be closing ALL THE VENTS :-)    

1 comment:

  1. OK im sitting here reading this laughing bc i can totally see u flipping out ...i know it wasnt funny at the time, glad every is ok , as far as u mellowing out maybe a little ur name is amanda and ur from baltimore enough said.. have a safe trip to KY let me know when u get out there !! Love ya !!!

    ReplyDelete