Sunday, September 21, 2014

First 10 Hour Day In The Books


I have to admit getting up this morning at 4:45 am and knowing that we will not get home until 4:45 pm was a real bummer lol...Off to work we go dogs are all set with food, water AC and TV I wish I could have a dogs life all they do is lay around all day eat sleep and potty LMAO...

We get to work a little early so we have some time to sit and drink some coffee. A fellow work camper she asked us are we ready for the 10 hour days we said as ready as we can get haha. We get a 15 minute break at 8:30 am lunch at 10:30 and 15 minute break at 1:30 this will not be so bad. 

We are doing clean up again love it. I finished my assignment in B building about 7:30 am. I was sent all the way over to the C building. I have never counted there so this will be a new adventure. I walk into that building it is so quite except for the forklifts honking their horns at walk ways. I was so in the zone about getting to where I was going that when he honked his horn it scared the crap out of me. I finally make it to where I am going geesh it is all the way in the back of building C I am all alone back here there is one other person and I think it is a picker. 

I get to work and as soon as I start it is break time. Off to meet to me Todd is our meeting place since we are not working in the same area when we are doing clean up. Caramel and granny smith apples sliced is for snack time. Back to work we go only 8 more hours to go. Like I said in an earlier post I will loose myself once I get working. I loose track of time so much that I MISS LUNCH TIME since it was our first 10 hour day I did not remember when lunch was in my mind I am hoping for 1:30 pm to come so I can go to lunch. I thought 1:30 pm was a late lunch LMAO

Todd is at lunch at 10:30 am like we are supposed to be. He is waiting and waiting for me to show up he asked a few fellow worked if they have seen me of course no one has seen me I am in the C building all alone. I am working away around 10:30 am I realize that I am the only one working but it did not click into me that I missed lunch. As I am working I start to get really hungry and keep watching the clock for 1:30 to come so I can go to lunch (in my mind)

finally 1:30 is here and I am so hungry. I head to the lunch room which is so far away from the C building I leave 8 minutes before I am supposed to so I can have a break. I see Todd and all he could say was "where were you for lunch" "I was so worried about you" "I even checked in Amcare (medical office in Amazon) to see if you hurt yourself" My mouth dropped and boy was I really mad that I missed lunch I was so hungry that I needed to take a lunch anyway so I took my 30 minutes then and let HR know what a crazy mistake I made it was all good. 

Talked to Todd for 15 minutes of his break and he said he was so worried about me. That the time from 10:30 am -1:30 went by really fast because he was only thinking about me and if I was OK... AWWW how sweet I am just fine just an airhead sometimes. Break is over for him and in 15 minutes I will head back to work. Only 2 hours and 30 minutes left I get back to my cart and I was logged out YAY maybe I will get back to the B building with everyone else. Yup i got back to the B building alright but stuck on checkerboard duty DAMN this makes the day go by so slow and I am not moving like I want to be BLAH these last few hours will now go really slow :-(

4:30 pm its quitting time WOO HOO we made it through our first 10 hour day with no problem. I am sure we will sleep like babies tonight. One more day of work this week and then we have 3 days off. I think these 10 hours days will be fine as long as I can move around and not sit in one place for a long period of time doing stupid checkerboard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment