Monday, September 8, 2014

The Move To KY and The Setup!!

Well Bear Tree Campground it has been real. You will always have a special place in our heart for being our first workamping job. The people that we met Edie & Ken, Melissa, Mike and Ian, Buzz & Jackie, Butch & Kathy and Bob & Snookie made adjusting into this lifestyle so easy. They have given us a lot of pointers and help that we will definitely help us along on our journey and use almost everyday. The time has come for us to leave the mountain we have been here 2 months and we are so ready. It is not the people that we want to leave because we are going to miss all the great friends we made. We want to leave because the weather it is almost always raining and it just make life miserable because there is not much to do when it is raining. We have turned in all the stuff and we pulled out of the spot and headed down to the gatehouse. One last stop their I am not really prepared for this trip I do not have the address for our next destination. We saw everyone gave them hugs and said our goodbye’s but not forever we will always stay in touch. Hop in the truck wave out the window and lets high tail it off this mountain.
IMG_20140906_171120 IMG_20140907_095525 IMG_20140907_095539 IMG_20140907_095543 

Slow and steady down the mountain we go, good thing Todd is a fantastic driver because it is a tight squeeze especially with all the creeper trail vans flying up the mountain. 7.8 miles later we made it down the mountain safe now to stop at the gas station check the fluids grab some fuel. for us snacks and drinks and we are on the road woo hoo….Our GPS says we have 301 miles so we pulled out at 10:30am we are hoping to pull in around 5pm with stops for bathroom breaks for us and the animals. I have not really used my cell phone in 2 months because we had no signal once I gained signal I called everyone lol… not really just important people I forgot how nice it was to communicate with the real world again!!!
 IMG_20140907_104420IMG_20140907_115653
Driving along we look to be out of the mountain for good until we hit TN… AHHHHHH damn we are going straight up a mountain good thing big blue (our truck) can handle this she is a pro. I thought I escaped the mountains we are so high that the fog while driving looks like you are driving into nowhere lol.. We make it off the mountain down hill is easy as pie we are on flat roads. We are rolling right along Hello KY now I did not know you were full of rolling hills I guess they are better then mountains I am ok with this because I can look around and see for miles and not just see rocks and tree’s in the mountains. We are about 12 miles from our campground I am starving we did not make food stops. I see a Mc Donalds.. I know I know I hate eating there to but I am starving anything sounds good right now… Burger and Fries will do.
IMG_20140907_141245 IMG_20140907_141358 IMG_20140907_141408 IMG_20140907_141724 IMG_20140907_142533 IMG_20140907_142606 IMG_20140907_142608 IMG_20140907_142842 IMG_20140907_153521 IMG_20140907_153523 IMG_20140907_160924

Our GPS wants to take us down this really small side road ugh.. Wait I am glad Todd missed it we added 3 miles to the trip but the next road we turn on is a lot bigger. we pull onto Robin Rd that our campground is on the campground is set back off the road really private. First impression’s we could not find the check in lol.. The owner Darrell came over on his tractor and greeted us and told us to follow him to check in guess what it is marked well we just did not go far enough haha… We get out and stretch introduce ourselves and Darrell takes us on a tour of the place shows us everything. The common area is very cool is has an old saloon feel big TV, pool stable and a bar the have karaoke some night. The bath house are really nice big and clean. I could not wait to take a shower in city water I was so excited the little things that make you happy lol.. He is finished showing us around his wife comes over and gets us all checked in. Now we can go to our site #27 and get set up after this long ride. The camp site’s are close to each other but nothing we cant handle. There is grass for the dog and they are loving it Spankie has found the stables and she loves laying the day away in an empty stable good thing the owner’s do not mind her doing that. It is open land I can see for miles the SUN IS SHINING we have been here almost 24 hours and it has not rained

It is about 5:30 by time we get to start setting up first thing we do is get the dog gates setup and put them out since they have been so good on the ride. Now to pull everything we packed in the trailer and the truck out and organize our home for the next 4 months. After everything is out of the trailer and somewhat organized I head inside to set up everything again this will not take long at all. First order or business for Todd is to hook up electric, sewer and water looking for the sewer hose that is brand new….. Todd says I think i threw the hose away when I threw the trash away at bear tree because I had it in a trash bag uh oh… well I guess we will have to buy a new one tomorrow. I have to have TV tonight so Todd is outside working on getting the dish aimed this should be interesting. Both our phones have died so we can not get the app needed to find out where to point this dish. Todd pulls out the computer and get the coordinates needed to aim the dish. I am being a stress monkey because it is almost time for Big Brother and I do not have signal I know TV should not be important but it is to me. I am inside watching the signal meters while is he out moving the dish, I look away for a second and I hear “beep beep beep” I see 95% oh I am so happy I now have to apologize for being a stress monkey he aimed it just in time. Everything is set up on the inside outside is mostly completed the screen tent will not go up tonight. I am inside watching Big Brother and Todd is still outside he opens up the back storage space outside… what does he see THE SEWER HOSE…. Wooo Hooo now we do not have to buy a new one. Big Brother is over we have not had dinner and we do not feel like cooking for sure fast food it is. Sonic is about 5 miles away NY dogs and chicken strip sandwich is what’s for dinner off I go while Todd stays with the dogs. After dinner we are beat time to lay in bed watch some TV and get ready to go to sleep Tomorrow will be a shopping trip to Wal-mart for food and setting up the screen tent.

We are going to miss bear tree and everyone there but we are so excited and happy to be at http://www.greenriverstables.com/#!camping/c5ly and start working for Amazon. We start this Tuesday so Monday will be preparing to start working crazy long hours and getting the dog adjusted to the new area. Home Sweet Home KY for the next 4 months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment