Saturday, September 27, 2014

To Work Or Not To Work Is The ?

Today I woke up still not feeling 100%. Todd tells me that I look like crap (thanks babe I love you to) that I should stay home from work and get better. I guess all the sleeping I did yesterday did not really do anything. I put my robe on and sit and contemplate weather I should go in or not. I can not find the attendance hotline number that we have to call out on. I emailed my HR rep but she had not gotten back to me by 5:15 am I guess I am going to work. I get dressed in a hurry Todd walks in from taking the dogs out and get upset with me because I am going to work and I should not be. I know I am a stubborn donkey when it comes to staying home from work when I am sick and he hates that about me. 

Get to work and I still do not have the number to the attendance hotline it is a good thing I came in today. We get to the morning meeting and our manager approaches us and ask us if we would like to cross train on stowing..... Todd does not speak for a few seconds I speak up and say I would like to try it, then Todd says "what the hell why not"tomorrow we will be stowing...I am excited it will be something different. We find out that today all operations will shut down at 3 pm and get VTO because they are having a family fun night to celebrate their 15 year anniversary Woo Hoo we get to leave early again today. I am hoping that one more day of rest will get me over this sickness. 

Working along counting in the B building today we are not working weekend cleanup but we are not doing checkerboard which is OK with me. Around 10:15 am we get a message on our scanner that say's "VTO now if you would like it" I dismiss this thought because we were so close to lunch and we were already leaving at 3 today. I head to lunch Todd walks up to me and said he is taking VTO... I am game. Off to my bed to relax hopefully tomorrow I will feel much better.....Apparently there is a stomach bug going around Amazon a few other employee's have it not good I am pretty sure that is what it have :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment