Sunday, August 10, 2014

We saw a cute black bear today!!!

July 3rd 2014
we worked the 2nd shift so it started at 2pm and ended at 6pm Todd took me in so he came down and picked me up we stood around and talked to everyone for a few minutes.  Talking about how busy we were going to be tomorrow because it was the 4th of July. Then we headed up the mountain to the camper, we get about 2 miles into our 3 miles ride Todd points and calmly repeats “BEAR BEAR BEAR”.  I was talking so I did not see it at first (we were in the truck) and I looked and I saw it when it was half way across the road. It was soooo cool, that was the first time that I saw a bear in real life.

Following the national forest rules we have to report all bear sighting's so we had to turn around and go back to the gate house and report it. We find out that the manager has been managing this campground for 3 years and she has never seen a bear she was jealous of us. He was about 450lbs a really cute black bear we have not had any problems in the loops with them but it was so very cool that we got to see a bear on our 5th day here. 

Today was awesome I saw something new and we are so happy. We finally got home, people were piling into the camp for the weekend so we stayed up late to make sure quite time was indeed quite time.  We didn’t hit that sack until 1am we knew it was going to be a long weekend if tonight was rowdy.

The bear was moving so fast I could not get a picture of it I was disappointed


No comments:

Post a Comment