Sunday, August 10, 2014

Todd Hiking while I am working!

DSC03597 DSC03598  DSC03600  IMAG0175 IMAG0176 
Aug 2nd 2014

Today when we woke up it was a pretty day and of course I have my 4 hour shift at the gate house at 2pm. I went an hour early so I can get online and take care of some things before I started working. Around 1:30 I get a call from Todd keep in mind we do not have cell signal at the campground anywhere, we have to drive to Abingdon for cell signal that is 20 miles away he says he is on the Iron mountain trail hiking down to the gatehouse where I am working.   

It shocked me I guess we do not need to drive we can just hike up a mile and get signal. The hike is about 6 miles,  as he is hiking i am seeing all kinds of posts on Facebook of the trail and down tree’s and all and it is making me jealous while I am slaving away (not really its an easy job!! ) he is hiking. around 3:30 I get a call and he said he is almost to the gatehouse and just getting off the trail. its almost 4:30pm and I still do not see him. 

 where he was coming out it was only 10 minutes from the gatehouse. so finally I see him walking down the road and he said there are so many ripe berries on the side of the road it took him forever to finish his hike.  well that explains why it took him so long :-) He had a great hike the forest service cleared the trail this past week so it is more open now and not as closed in with brush. Now we are looking for our next hiking adventure (and I will be joining him on this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment