Monday, August 25, 2014

It is a beautiful but sad day!!

It is a beautiful sunny day the temp is maybe 78 perfect with a light breeze we are counting down the days to get off this mountain hopefully to some better weather. 14 days and counting. It still is a very sad day for me my camera that I have had for 5 years has decided it wanted to break. I know I need a new one but geesh couldn’t it wait until I got to Amazon so I can order a new one. I am not going to risk ordering one now being that I have a short time left in Virginia :-(

Tomorrow is our start of our 2 days off and I was hoping to get hiking and hunting ( not with a gun but with a camera) but the hunting part is not going to happen. I will settle with hiking hoping that my sick ling hubby is feeling better. He must have caught a cold or something he has been battling this for 3 days. I hate seeing him like this but the saying is so true when a man get sick they are a baby they are worse then a women sick. I will baby him all the time when he is sick though I make him his favorite soup he will only eat when he is sick Campbell's Chicken and Sausage Gumbo with hot sauce and butter bread. I give him back rubs and wait on him hand and foot. The faster he gets better the less I stress worrying about him. Today he is looking much better so one more day in bed and relaxing for him and I think tomorrow we will be hiking and enjoying the beautiful weather.

In exactly a week my very good friend that I have made here is going to be leaving me and heading to Arizona. I am very jealous and this is another sad part of the day. Jealous because I want to get to Arizona. I hope they have a safe journey west and hopefully after Amazon we will be heading west and maybe meet up with them for a few weeks again. Snookie has taught me a lot about workamping her and her husband Bob have been doing this for over 7 years they are very knowledgeable about tips and tricks. The whole reason I have a blog is because of her she helped me set it up and get it up and running. She has a blog that she has been writing for 7 years her web address is http://www.quinnsawesomejourney.blogspot.com/ 

I am so sad to see them go but in this lifestyle you make great friends and you part ways because we are always on to our next journey but staying in contact is something we will always do and hopefully we will cross paths again… I know I have another week with them but it makes me very sad :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment