Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pork Bellies in Damascus, VA Eat at your own risk :-)

Damascus, VA
Today we found out there is a family owned BBQ restaurant in Damascus VA. Now I do not consider myself a BBQ queen but I have eaten at a lot of BBQ places in my travels.  I think I know my BBQ.  We go in, it has a bit of an unfinished look.  After looking at the menu Todd decided on the ribs, a no brainier at a BBQ joint.  "we are out of ribs" was the response to his order, so he ordered a 3 piece chicken and of course I get pulled pork sandwich.  I am a huge fanatic when it comes to my pulled pork!

We are sitting at the table while waiting for our food and notice there is no BBQ sauce on the table. (most BBQ joints have many different choices of house BBQ sauces on the table to choose from) we thought maybe when the food came they would bring them. About an hour later YES and HOUR our food comes to the table with a tiny plastic cup of BBQ sauce served in a hot dog basket, I didn't know we were at a hot dog joint kind of crazy but whatever I just wanted to dig in. 

Digging in was not all that I had hoped.  First thing Todd noticed that he only got 2 pieces not 3 piece like he ordered but he was so hungry he just ate it. I did not have enough BBQ sauce so I called the waitress over and ask "can i have more BBQ sauce please" what she said next shocked the hell out of me and Todd "it is 75 cents extra a  for more BBQ sauce" MY JAW DROPPED,  I was speechless and if anyone knows me making me speechless takes A LOT!! needless to say I paid the extra for BBQ sauce. 

I put it on the pulled pork that looked like it was scrapped off the bottom of the pan.  Paying extra for BBQ sauce at BBQ joint just floored us, I though I was at McDonald's (food might have been better if I were)

We are not really picky about food but  pretty serious when it comes to BBQ. we will never go back to Pork Bellies in Damascus, VA again Eat at your own risk :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment