Saturday, August 9, 2014

Meet our Furry Family !!!


we have 3 dogs and 1 20lbs cat lol…
Meet them in order of their age :-)


DSC03156 DSC03162 IMG_20140729_235217 DSC03409 DSC03413

Spankie (cat) 5 years old ( she got her name because when you would walk by her she would spank your but with her claws)
She found us in Maryland. I was at my lawyers office after finding out I needed surgery. My lawyer comes in an apologies for my wait he just found a litter of kitten under his shed and the mother had died. Having doing previous research about cat helping people heal after surgeries I asked him what he was going to do with the kitten’s, he said well I am going to take them to the pet sanctuary.I spoke up and said I will take one and give her a great home. She was about 2 months old when I had my surgery and I healed so well my doctor was impressed. I guess the saying that a cat helps you heal works. she is a happy healthy 20lb cat and loves the lifestyle

CAM00604  DSC03408 DSC03366 DSC03339  DSC03428

Pookie  4 years old (yes I do not where I came up with the name)
She found us in Arizona we were at home depot and some guy was selling puppies out of the back of his truck and had two left. They did not look like that had been cared for well. Todd traveled a lot the said do you want save a puppy and give her a good home. That is how she choose us to be her people <3 She looks to be a Shitzu Lhasa Apso mixed not sure what she is but she is cute as can be. Currently she weighs in at about 15 pounds she is the biggest of our dogs I think the cat weighs more then she does. She loves to hike and run and play with the other dog’s


CAM00473  CAM00683 2013-01-06_20-52-01_710 DSC03139 DSC03313

Sambuka 2 years old  (named after my husband favorite liquor but we call her SAMMIE)
She picked us in Michigan I found a lady that was giving away Chihuahua puppies because she could not care for them or get the proper vet care she did tell me the puppies were dewormed. I went and looked at the puppies and in the back of the cage walked out the runt of the litter. She had a crooked tail how she was born she weighed in a 1lb 1 oz she walked over to me and started licking me and I knew she wanted me to take her and spoil her so I did. I literally drove through a corn field plowing down corn on the way home I guess my GPS was lost. I get her home go to the store and buy her clothes food treats and everything a little dog would need. As the lady I got here from stated she had no shots only dewormed (I soon found out she lied) so I need to make a vet appointment ASAP so I made one 4 days out was the soonest I could get one. The third night we had her she started have seizures I freaked out and cried I did not know what was wrong with her. The next morning I rushed her to the vet, they checked blood work that was fine, not showing a reason for the seizures. So they did a fecal check and found out she was heavily infested with 3 kinds of worm’s (not heartworms the god). The vet said this could be causing her seizure she had not been dewormed (like the previous owner said) so he gave me medication to take home with her and the seizure were gone and she is healthy and happy. I know that it was fate that she choose me to be her mommy that day!!! Currently she is “Princess Sammie” weighs in at 5lbs 4 oz  she loves to lay in the sun and loves her new life.

IMG_20140313_204707 IMG_20140421_125445 IMG_20140519_203758 DSC03304 DSC03426

Cosmo 8 months old ( named after my favorite magazine Cosmopolitan)
He became ours in Florida. About 3 years ago one of my dogs that way my baby was killed by a stray dog that attacked me and she started attacking the dog and was killed my heart broke and I was not ready for another dog. Todd said when I was ready the perfect dog would find Me. Well a free Chihuahua/terrier mixed was posted because the young couple saved it from a shelter in Arkansas and moved to Florida they did not realize how much work it took to care for such a small puppy. He was 2lbs when we brought him home. We talked to the couple they said they just want him to have a good home with a family that knows what it takes to care for such a small dog this is us since we already have Sammie. We picked him up took him home he is the only male furry family member. Spankie, Pookie, and Sammie did not like him at first because he was “different” a male something they have never been around before. They grew to love him he currently is 6lbs has Tons of energy because he is only 8 months old loves hiking and run’s so fast you can not catch him.

No comments:

Post a Comment