Saturday, October 4, 2014

We Are Asked To Receive And That's What It Will Be

This morning we woke up and it was very very chilly outside 40 degree's I know I said I was ready for sweater weather but you must let me get them out first. I through on my robe and socks really quick this morning. Now I need to search for my hoodies and  sweaters for after work I will not wear them to work because it gets warm still in work since it is a factory jeans and a T-shirt with a jacket in case it does get chilly.

Ready to go I open the door and WOW!!! the crisp air hits me now I am wide awake :-) After the morning meeting Phyllis comes and pulls us over to receiving were we will be cross training today. We got a total of maybe 20 minutes of training between the both of us then the people we were being trained by had to go do something else. We are basically receive assistants Todd is making sure the conveyor belts do not jam up and if a box from the receive departments needs to go else where he takes it. I was there to problem solve the receivers problems if there was no assins (bar codes), no ISD, Hazmat any kind of problem they had I took the product and placed it on the proper cart in order to keep production up. Once a receiver completed a cart we took that full cart a placed it in the proper area for stow smalls, mediums, stack able or HRV (High Retail Value) for the first part of the morning we could not get product out fast enough they were only having us fill the top 2 shelves then sending them to be stowed.  I felt that we were running that whole area we did not really see any management all morning I think we did fantastic considering we did not have much training under our belts. 

After lunch we went to the mid morning meeting and they had informed us that there was a possibility of VTO today sometime. We decided that we would sign up for it if the offered it. We went back to work the product was coming out so fast faster then we had spots to put it. Around 12 noon they had came and informed us that we got VTO. We walked over to get scanned out otherwise you are docked points and you do not want that on a day they are letting you go home :-) Phyllis made me very sad she informed us that they need us back in ICQA next week. This means we get one more day in inbound stow & receive :-( They would love to keep us but ICQA wants us back I guess we are great at what ever we do so everyone wants us we will go were we are told but I really hate ICQA but I will put on a happy face and go when told. 

We are off and we need to go to the store to get a few things the most important thing is coffee for Todd in the morning so he is not cranky he did not have coffee this morning he was not so bad he reused a k-cup lol it looked like coffee but did not have the best flavor. We arrive home and Todd walks in the and say "AHHHHH" Cosmo ate the blinds over the kitchen table. I guess we are going back to Wal-mart to buy a blind a little later.. All I could do was laugh Todd did not find it to funny hahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment