Monday, October 13, 2014

Good Company Bad Job!!!! :-(

So we have been working at Amazon for a month and some days and we are not loving it at all. We were giving the job of ICQA this has to be the most mind numbing job we have ever had. All we do is count what is in the bins a bin is where they store the product nothing particular and no order to how they store the product all day long!!! The worst of it is when they have you on checkerboard you count every other bin in your section it can get very boring. This is not a very active job you can sit in one area for 5 hours at a time. I could see some people liking this but this is not for Todd and I we love to move and stay busy staying busy we are but moving we are not!! I think I would have a different feeling if we were picking like we thought we that is what HR told us when they recruited us.

If you are going to try Amazon here is some advice I would give weather you take it not is up to you lol.

~If you want to go to festivals or do anything on the weekends make sure you do not get to I shift this year that is the shift that you work Friday-Monday. All though working this shift you get .60 extra and hour differential but to us it is not worth it lol.

~If you are not a morning person consider taking the night shift the morning shift starts at 6 am we get up at 4:45 am to get ready and that leaves just enough time. We are not morning people we wish we would have take night shift.

~DO NOT TAKE ICQA AS A POSITION if sitting there and counting for 10 hours sounds great  then ICQA is for you. If you want to stay alert and active then this is NOT the position for you.


For all these reasons above and the fact that we can not switch jobs we have decided that we are going to move on!! We are so excited we are going to be selling Christmas Trees in southern FL We can not wait to get there and bask in the sunshine again and hit some waves. We are going to be moving on or around November 14th. Amazon was great and I am glad we have tried it. I think we would come back as a picker and working night shift any other position I do not think we would come back for. Everyone has been really great there they only thing I did not like was you are stuck with the position you get they will not switch you. Believe me we have tried talking to them before we made this decision to move on and we did not get results.

On a happy note we have 3 days off I see a lot of hiking and relaxing. I can not wait to go hiking the leaves are changing and they are beautiful!!!

1 comment: