Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Went Out On The Silver Bullet!!

Today is supposed to be a beautiful day the morning is crisp and cool but the afternoon is supposed to warm up nice with the sun shining. We have been doing nothing the past few days just to relax before we head south and sell Christmas trees btw we are so excited to get down to Dania Beach where the weather is in the 70’s and 80’s during the day my skin is longing for some warm sunshine. Robin asks us if we would like to go out on the boat and instead of going out in the ocean go up a river around here with cypress trees, turtles and GATORS!!! lol… well sure why not as long as the gators can not eat us. We are not on a huge boat like we were before we are on David’s boat they call it the silver bullet…. it is a awesome name but it is not what you are thinking….something fast right???? NO this little boat is adorable aluminum that is why it got is name. It can seat 3 we made it seat 4 lol.. it just pokes along but it was perfect for the river ride today. I got a lot of pictures we DID NOT see a gator but we saw a few turtles and birds and a lot of trees that were beautiful and the colors changing it made for a awesome ride and lots a great pictures!!!

We are small and the river is narrow there were some huge boats in there like something that should be in the ocean these things were flying by us YES their waves caught us and we were kinda of tippy…..NO we did not tip over thank goodness lol.. but the waves did jump in the boat and soak me since I was up at the nose of the boat ….yucky swamp water lol….. it was so much fun tho made for a great day it was warm until the sun started to go down we did come prepared with some sweat shirts. toward the end of the trip the motor kept stalling out something about the idle speed and boy did I have to pee this boat could not get me back to the dock fast enough. Everyone knows me knows I am a city girl I will NOT use the bathroom in the woods… they all joked with me saying we could pull up on the bank there and you can head in the woods and do your business we will not leave you…. HAHHAHA yeah right NEVER…. finally David got the boat at a nice idle speed and we were headed to the dock…….. Thanks to Robin we brought two cars so she could take me home to use the potty… I love boat rides but no matter how many times I use the bathroom before we head out I always have to pee while out on the ride it happened when we were out in the gulf as well… I am glad we were not planning on a day trip out there I would have been screwed :-) :-) photos will be added later.... need to find my camera!!! sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment