Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Heated Blanket Make A World Of Difference

A couple of weeks ago when we were in Campbellsville, KY and it started getting really cold we made the decision to buy a heated blanket. We went to Wal-mart and we stared at all the blankets they had also even considered a heated mattress pad. I decided against the mattress pad I am a hot blooded person always hot even when it is cold I still sleep with a fan on and it bothers my husband to death he freezes because I cant sleep without it so I would feel that I would get to hot with the heated mattress pad so a heated blanket it is. We bought a twin size blanket for a queen bed I know you are thinking why??? well we did not want it to hang off the bed to much and I still wanted to have some of the bed without the blanket for if I get to hot I can stick my feet out lol... oh and the other reason was the price!!! 

We put it on the bed and turned it on and the puppies flocked to it they are in love <3 there are 6 settings range from warm to sweat your a$$ off haha and yes they all work well. We started with the heated blanket on top of our comforter it was heated really well not to hot but it was warm also with it being on top it was heating the whole camper no kidding. We could turn the blanket on 5 and the camper would come up 3 degrees it was very cool we are not using out heat during the night since we and all the animals sleep in the bed with us we keep the heat at 60 when we wake up we have the heat set for 65 during the day but we keep the blanket on and it keep the place nice and toasty. 3 days ago it was really cold where we were visiting my sister in-law and we decided to put the heated blanket in between the comforter and sheet this made a huge difference under the blankets it is much warmer heat rises and with it having to were to rise to we are even more toasty under the blankets the pups love it Sammie if she feels overheated she will come out and lay on top. 

I know a lot of people are hesitant to buy a heated blanket for their camper for the rick of a fire. These are everyday household (appliance) tested by underwriters laboratories they are just as safe as using a toaster. I feel that it cuts down on the usage of propane for heat because the blanket heats so well. If you are worried about a fire safety here is something to think about. We left the blanket down one day plugged in and on and Cosmo decided that he wanted to chew one of the wires. Once he chewed the wires the blanket shut off and stopped working so sparks no fire so I have to say we feel better knowing that if something like this happens again that it will just shut off. The blanket also has a feature that if you leave it on 10 hours it will turn off after 10 hours of being on that is not so good if you turn it on when you go to bed and sleep 10 hours and it goes off we def know when that happens we just reach over to the remote and turn it back on and it heats right up in under 2 minutes. 

I think this is one of our best buys for the camper it saves us on propane and it makes for a cozy toasty sleep oh and the puppies and cat LOVE IT!!!!!

1 comment: