Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Day Trip To St George Island and the surrounding area’s

We wake up and Robin(Todd’s Sister) was super excited we are here. She is ready to take us and show us St George island she raves about this area. We agreed to go since we do not know anything about this area and she will be our tour guide for a few weeks. Hop in the car and away we go about 4 miles down the road sitting in the backseat of a car (i have not rode in the backseat of a car in forever) I start getting car sick. Todd noticed and asked David (Robin’s husband) if I could ride upfront because of getting car sick. Of course she can now I am feeling much better. We are riding and Robin and David and just telling us all kind of things about this area apparently St George Island is pretty far away but I could not wait to get there. Along the way we stop and see some good fishing area’s where they go to fish we stop at a cute little rest area right before we hit the island it was right on a small little beach not much sand a lot of rocks. The tide was so low that the boats that were docked were tipping sideways it was so crazy looking.

We get on the island and this is so cute…. I would love to live out here but I bet it is a pretty penny to rent or own a house here. We drove the furthest we could drive on the island one way. There was a campground right off the beach we saw a host maybe we will see about hosting here in the summer who knows. after that we hit the beach it was no the warmest of days so I did not go hop in the water but I was a happy camper with my feet in the white sand, the smell of the salt water in the air, and the sound of the waves crashing.. I never want to leave I love the ocean. I walk down the beach it is cold outside I stick my hand in the water… to my surprise it was not cold if I had my suit I would have been in the water in a heart beat.Spent about an hour on the beach and everyone was hungry so we left on a hunt for some food.

Driving onto the island Todd saw a restaurant a little what looked like a hole in the wall called Bayside burgers. OK so we went in and waited 30 mins before we even got our drinks. The waitress kept walking past us about another 15 mins before she came and took our order after we had told her we were ready to order.Once our order was taken we thought the food would come out quick being there was no on in the place at all but us….NOPE it was about 30 mins before our food came out.. Todd, Robin and I ordered burgers and David ordered the special you would think the food should come quick. We got the food and it was just subpar food it was nothing to write home about OH and if you are looking for quick you will not want to come here we spent 2 hours here and we were the only customers in the place. We should have left but we were all so hungry lol..

It was a great day touring St George Island and the surrounding areas I have a lot of pretty pictures

DSC04119 DSC04121 DSC04122 DSC04123 DSC04133 DSC04141 DSC04142 DSC04144 DSC04145 DSC04146 DSC04147 DSC04149 DSC04150 DSC04152 DSC04155 DSC04156 DSC04161 DSC04163 DSC04166 DSC04168 DSC04169 DSC04172 DSC04174 DSC04175

No comments:

Post a Comment