Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Going Fishing!!!

OK city girl going fishing……..HAHAHA

We needed to get a fishing license I have never had one in my life I am excited to have one lol… Since we are Florida residence we can get a free shoreline fishing license you can not step in the water if you are caught standing in the water fishing you will get a pretty fine you do not have to worry about me standing in the water now it is kind of chilly. Off the Mashes sands a little pier where Robin and David so some of their best fishing they claim…;-) First we stop at a place called crumbs…. it reminds me of a truck  stop but for people going fishing. This place had everything fishing related you could think of I found a cute little pink fishing rode that I like but I should make sure I like fishing before I buy one. Robin bought bait to fish with poor little shrimp and squid….ewww.. I will not be touching the bait.

We get to the pier and there are a few people there and someone was in Robins favorite fishing spot on the pier she started to wine…. she wanted her spot but settled for a different spot until the left. Todd baited my hook for me and now here comes my casting lesson. I had a push button rode apparently it is easy to use for first timers like me. Todd said hold the button and when the rode is almost in front of you let the button go BUT HOLD ON TO THE RODE and watch it fly…. OK here goes nothing Todd yells take cover first timer what a great way to put the spot light on me :-(…… and there she flies I was told I have a great cast I am not sure if they are just telling me that to make me feel good or if its true. Through out the day everyone kept telling me that.. I would have to think its true I am a natural at casting LMAO. We sat for about 2 hours with no bites but Robin she caught a very cool fish it looked like it had hands and feet it was called a sea Robin ironic right her name is Robin and she caught a sea Robin lol it was cute.

Waiting and waiting and I am not catching anything Todd caught 2 cute fish David Robin’s husband climbed down the side of the pier according to him there was a lot of nice lurs?? and setups?? down there he went 3/4 of the way around the pier and came up with nice stuff about $40 worth of fishing stuff Robin was not happy with him climbing around like a monkey Todd and I were egging him on lol… HOLY CRAP I caught my very first fish ever in my life.. it was a trash fish a real fish but everyone around me called it trash so I guess it was not a goo caught go back home little fishy I thought he was adorable. About 3 minutes later I was reeling in my line because I wanted to move and I feel something pull………out of nowhere I caught a Sea Robin…. such a little cutie  took some pictures of both catches and threw them back home. Messed around another hour or so caught another 2 trash fishes and we packed it up and left….guess who had the most catches today……………….. ME was it first timers luck or am I a awesome fisher women lol.. who knows Todd caught 3 Robin caught 3 and David caught fishing line,lurs,and set ups lol makes for a great day of fishing.

heading home David has decided with all the money he saved on finding all the fishing gear today on the pier lol.. he is going to take us out to dinner… That is very awesome of them. We went to place called The Coastal a cute little restaurant near the pier with fresh seafood. Robin and I ordered the shrimp platter fresh gulf shrimp baby David and Todd ordered burgers they were fresh made not frozen and they were very yummy made me want a burger as well but the shrimp were so fresh and yummy I was happy with my choice. Dinner was great now we are headed home I had the best day I learned how to fish caught some fish and spent some awesome time with family…… Will I go fishing again???? what do you think???? YES as long as I can throw all I catch back and do not have to touch the bait or fish lol.. city girl fishing is what I will call it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment