Sunday, January 17, 2016

It's Cold Outside..... Here's How We Stay Warm

With the winter weather everyone's question is how do you keep you RV warm, Here is how we do it.

When we first started full-timing we were like everyone else wondering how well the furnace was going to work, was it going to be warm enough in the cold weather? Come to find out the furnace works really well. One thing I could not get over how much propane we were using, and I always worried were we going to run out of propane in the middle of the night and freeze us and the animals there has to be a better way to heat yes!! there is a better way.

We have been looking at electric heaters and I could not find one that I liked, searching and searching we come up with an electric fireplace TV stand would work best for us. We have the perfect spot for it. They are pretty expensive and so many different styles so we looked around for sometime to make sure we get the perfect one and make sure it will fit good in the spot. Black Friday rolls around my favorite day for shopping and we find the perfect one on sale for $150. We went to Wal-mart waited in line only to find out that this wal-mart did not get them in stock in time for the sale. Bummed out we got in line to check out with our other deal, the store manager was directing the line she informed us they did not get them in stock in time she asked for our number and said she would honor the price for us when one came in.......we were so happy!!!. The next day we got a call from her and we got it, Todd put it together and it is perfect. It fits perfect and I love the color, It says it will heat up to 400 SQ feet. We have been in temps down in the teens and this baby keeps us so warm, we sometimes get up in the middle of the night and have to turn it off because it is so hot lol... We also keep warm with a duel temp control heating blanket on the bed for those nights with a little chill in the air but the heater is not needed. We are always toasty and the dogs love the blanket so much that I might buy them their own for their dog bed (I'll explain the dog bed)

OK so we have come to realize that our wonderful dining table in the 5er will not work for us, so instead of a table we put the table down into the bed and have deemed that area the "dog bed". Now the question rises where will you eat? It is just Todd and I and yes as bad as it sounds we eat on the sofa bending over to the coffee table, very hard to eat this way. I have been on the hunt for a cool coffee table and one that match our new fireplace and of all places I looked I scored at wal-mart again. This awesome coffee table has storage and the top lifts up on a hinge lifting the top a foot up to the sofa and exposes the storage (pictures attached) this table is a awesome find. When we travel I put all the remotes and my computer in the storage area so I remember where they are, and now eating is so much easier no more bending down the height is now perfect, I can also use this as a computer table (I am blogging on it right now) I just love it I only paid $79 bucks for this beauty it may not be the most expensive furniture but since I live in an RV i want practical and both of our new pieces have multiple purposes. The electric fireplace heats my house and also is my TV stand and has some storage for the DTV box and PS3 and my coffee table has storage and we use it as our dining table lol.... 

I am always on the hunt for better RV furniture and I do not want to spend big $$$ for the special furniture for the RV, especially when the RV furniture is not always stylish and comfortable. Next on my todo list is to either cover the jackknife sofa we have or find a new sofa that works for us, I am not a fan of the baby blue velvet with baby pink accents on the sofa but this thing is super comfortable.  I cant sew to save my life I wonder how much it would cost to get someone to sew me a cover??? lol...    



with the pictures attached excuse the mess on the awesome table!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment