Friday, January 22, 2016

How To Prepare For A Blizzard In MD

As I am sitting here writing this post I am thinking how do I prepare for a blizzard, Gessh I have not had to prepare for one of these in a LONG TIME. Is it still like when I was younger with a threat of a inch or so everyone runs to the store and buy bread,milk,egg and toilet paper?? I guess I will see when I get to the store. I know this place is going to be a mad house so maybe I should make a list............ bread,milk,eggs,toilet paper ;-) hmm what else?? 

Took a late night trip to wal mart with my mom and her boyfriend and WOW I could not believe this place and it is still 3 days before the blizzard hit.... no bread,milk,egg,toilet paper and fruits the shelves are empty YUP I guess it is still like it was when I was younger and it still shocks me every time. Something funny family in MI saw my post about no bread,milk,egg and she thought it was crazy and she has never seen anything like that before. I informed her that in MI it is normal for large amounts of snow to fall so not everyone panics because they can drive in the snow, people in MD here 1 inch or light dusting the whole city shuts down. Schools close and everyone runs to the store buys everything they can because they think they are going to be snowed in lol.. I love it having lived in MI for a short time it crazy how well people can drive in snow like nothing is on the road me on the other hand I still had problems driving while living there. 

if you have ever been in Baltimore during any snow falling you will start to see coolers and chairs sitting in parking spots, that is the way you save your spot when it snows. Don't ask why i do not know but I put a chair in the street to save my mothers spot yesterday and I just could not help but to laugh. 

We have been to a few stores now and everyone is out of the same things. we go to buy salt and damn are we late everyone is out of salt... we improvise pool salt anything salt will melt ice lol. We get home I start thinking does my mother have a shovel so we can dig out, she does but she has no clue where it is I guess we will be shovel hunting tomorrow the day the blizzard is supposed to hit. I sure hope she has a shovel like she said I bet all the stores are out of those as well. Apparently when a winter storm is coming you want to make sure your gas tank is full in case you loose power and get cold you can hop in your car and get warm this was new to me.  Todd I guess from experience growing up in MI knows a lot more then I do, I will be going to gas up the truck our heater works amazing. We managed to get some food and once we got home my mom says oh we need sausage and a few more things.....ugh back out into the jungle this time will be that last because as of 6pm tonight the snow will be hitting and we will not be driving in this..


Oh I forgot to top all this off my mothers truck in 4X4 and we were happy we would have this because our truck is not a 4x4 and super powerful that if you lightly touch the gas the tires spin, not a good truck to be driving in this mess with. Well we were out 2 days ago and her ABS light comes on and now the truck is making a loud thumping noise when you try to drive, with the blizzard coming we will not have time to get it fixed until after the storm. We are down a vehicle that could really help and its a shame its crazy how things work. 

I am  gonna stop blogging because I need to go make sure we are prepared for the blizzard stay tuned to blizzard pictures and what fun things we come up with to keep up busy while stuck in the house.. If you are going to be hit by the blizzard please be safe stay warm and have fun.....

No comments:

Post a Comment