Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Internet On The Road

Lately I have seen the question "what do you do for internet on the road"? It is a good question this day an age everyone has the need for internet. We all want to best option and the cheapest option and something that will work almost anywhere. I have never used any of the other services out there like, Karma Go, Verizon jetpack, or anything else because what I have has never given me a reason to look for anything else.

I have Internet hotspot on my phone and the service that I have is Cricket. OK hear me out I know that most people have had bad experiences with Cricket, their customer service was horrible. Since then Cricket bought out a company named AIO Wireless, their customer service is so much better and they work to help you make sure your needs are met and you are happy. You may not find a Cricket store everywhere you are, but that does not mean that the service is not good in that area. I have been in areas where there was not a Cricket store for 100 miles+ and my signal was super. 

My hotspot cost's me $10 a month for the use, now that is if you do not have a unlocked phone. My previous phone was unlocked and I did not have to pay for the hotspot. They do not have a restriction on how often you can use the hotspot if you have to pay for it, its unlimited use. I swear that my internet that I get from my phone is faster then some house Internets. I surf facebook, play games, download games and music and watch youtube videos and sometimes stream a few shows, I have never had a slow down or went over the Gigs that I get. I do not look at it as its my phone, you would use it as any other internet. 

Now I bet everyone wants to know what pay for this, $65.00 a month for 20 GB, now I have 20GB because they had a one time special promotions, normally you would get 10GB and unlimited everything else for $55 it is normally $60 but if you sign up for auto-pay you get $5.00 off you bill so it ends up being $55, if you do not have a unlocked phone and you have to pay $10 for the hotspot that is how my bill comes up to $65. Like I said previously if you are worried about not having a store in every area you are, it is not a concern, you can pay you bill right from you phone or online, and if you have any issues with you service their customer service is great about helping fix the problem any way possible. 

My cell signal for calling and texting is fantastic as well, I have been places where people with Verizon, T-mobile and Sprint had problems getting signal and I had all bars and LTE. The towers that Cricket uses are AT&T towers, I get all the benefits of their towers and I do not have a contract. 

If I was going to buy another piece of equipment for internet use, It would be a cell phone booster. I was in one place that I got OK signal and the campground owner we were managing for had a booster. They let us put it in our camper, WOW what a difference I had reservations if it would work, was I wrong, the booster really makes a difference for data and cell signal, so if you are in a area where you get OK service a booster would make a world of difference. I hope this help some people with their questions. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions I can do the best I can to help.... Happy surfing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment