Saturday, January 23, 2016

Blizzard 2016 Baltimore,MD

With anticipation the blizzard started yesterday around 3 pm it started slow, before you knew it you looked outside and it was piling high. Last night was the lighter until about 8 pm when the heavier snow started falling. The news and weather coverage informed us that when we woke up this morning (Saturday) we would have a foot of snow on the ground. I was in disbelief, I went to bed thinking it was not going to amount to anything like the weather channel said, you know when they predict a storm a week out it never really amounts the what they say.... HAHA I was wrong there was a foot of snow on the ground. I was excited to see it since the only snow I have seen in three years was the 3 inches of snow when we were in Sawyer,OK last year, nothing compared to this. 

I am excited to get the puppies outside, I am going to brave the snow and try to go shovel off the back deck enough to get the door open and let the dogs out. I under estimated how much snow was outside, I took one step off the front porch and I was covered in snow up to above my knees (short people problems). struggling I managed to get the front porch some what shoveled and the back deck enough to get the door open. Once I got the back door open I called the dogs outside, Cosmo and pookie ran out off the deck and as soon as they got down into the yard where the snow drifts are they turned around and ran right back into the house. Pookie got stuck working her way up the steps had to give her some assistance and Cosmo wanted nothing to do with it, they could get lost in the snow it is so deep and of course I could not get Sammie out, she took one look and turned her nose up at it. She would freeze her toushy off, she is only 4 lbs. After I got all the dogs back in the house I walked back around the the front and thought I would shovel some more.....NOPE I went inside. Cold and snow covered I saw my next door neighbor with a snow blower I decided that once it has stopped snowing I will go ask him if I could use his snow blower this snow is way to heavy and dense to shovel, there already has been 8 snow related deaths with this storm. I know if I had a snow blower I would just walk around my neighborhood and snow blow everyone's sidewalk that would be my good deed. 

For now it is still snowing I am going to cuddle on the sofa with the puppies and the hubby watch some TV, take naps because we can,









we cant go anywhere. Maybe play some games with my mom and grandmother. I am determined to get Todd to go out and play in the snow with me but he is not budging maybe later when the wind dies down. Stay safe and warm everyone if you are in the blizzard or not!!! I am going to survive the Blizzard of 2016 in Baltimore,MD

No comments:

Post a Comment