Thursday, December 4, 2014

Moving To A Busy Lot!!

I went to bed telling Todd that I wanted our lot to be busier we had to find a way. Our lot is not selling many tree's at all we are the slowest lot of all the lots we have only sold a total of 36 trees the whole life of the lot and other lots are selling upwards to 100 tree's a day. What we thought was going to be busy busy busy like we wanted it no where near that we are on vacation essentially. 

We received a call from the owner the next morning after I asked for our lot to be busier with her asking if we would move to a lot where the managers needed to leave for a emergency. The lot is busier selling 68 trees the day before and it is 38 miles north of Dania Beach. After Todd talked to Kathy he informed her that he needed to talk it over with me first before he made a decision keep in mind I had no idea what the call was about when it came it. Todd said I better be careful what I wish for because now we are not on vacation anymore we are moving to a busier lot... I was jumping for joy so excited. Maybe I should play the lottery and wish to win a million dollars if what I wish for comes true LOL....

The following morning we are scheduled to be at the new lot in Boynton Beach at 9:30 am that means fighting rush hour traffic up through Ft Lauderdale AHHHH.... sitting in traffic for over an hour we made it just in time. We get to the lot and I can see why it is busy we are right across the street from a wal-mart down the street from a huge mall and at the entrance to a shopping center with a lot of great store.The best part of our location is a chick a fila right across the street for me and literally in the parking lot of  Sonic for Todd boy does he love their hot dogs there. 

There is one down fall for the lot that almost made this a deal breaker we can not jack in water we must use our pump. I think the water pump that is in my rig is the original for 1987 lol.. it sounds pretty bad and we try everything in our power not to have to use it but we have to now uh oh.... we are using the pump for 3 days now and it sounds pretty ugly I do not want to have to replace it unless we have to. Well guess what late last night we come in from selling tree's with sap all over our hands and the lovely ancient water pump we think has gone up..... WAIT as I am typing this Todd thinks just the head went out on it so it might not be as bad but I still need to go buy a part blah...... 

Selling Christmas tree's has been the most fun we have had since we started full timing. Yes its long days but when you are having so much fun it does not seem as long like it did when we were working with Amazon that just sucked the life out of us lol... There is nothing better then watching a family pick out their perfect tree and even better when a person comes to your lot and buys their first ever real tree I ring my jingles bells when someone converts from fake to a real tree. Here's to hoping we blow last years goal out of the water and to having a great season..... OH and if you are near Boynton Beach come buy a tree!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment