Wednesday, August 26, 2015

ROAD TRIP!!!! Michigan Here We Come

Just woke up from our nap. Time to put the slide back in make sure everything is off in the camper. Pack all the dogs and cat in the truck with all we are taking. Idiot check time.

Dogs.....check
Cat.....check
Totes....check
Tools....check
wallet......check
ourselves....check haha

Looks like we got on the road at the time we wanted. I am not a night driver but I napped longer so I will drive for 100 miles or so let Todd grab some shut eye and then he will take over. 

Woo hoo.... we are not longer in South Dakota anymore. We are trucking along making really good time and WOW our gas mileage is so good I forgot how nice it is not filling up the gas tank what feels like every 100 miles lol...

We get to Wisconsin and Todd pulls into an rest stop. Stopping for a nap, its about 3 am at this time we have been driving since 9 pm roughly. Sleeping in a truck with 3 dogs and cat who are hyper because they have been sleeping the whole night is tough. Cosmo wanted to bark at everything but hey I guess I feel safe knowing nothing can come within 100 ft of my truck without Cosmo barking at them. 

Wake up at 8 am, get out to go use the bathroom. As I was walking in everyone is staring at me and I was beginning to wonder if I didn't have pants on or something. I get in the bathroom and realized why everyone was looking at me I have bright blue hair HAHA I forget all the time. Walking back to the truck I tell myself "I ll change in the camper and brush my teeth" WAIT....... we do not have the camper with us. I did not realize how weird it would feel not pulling the camper behind us. 

The drive was fairly easy and uneventful, (thank god), except for when we were driving through construction city, oh I mean Chicago. Unfortunately its not easy to get to Michigan from the northwest without driving around that toll ridden city. so add 3 hours to our trip...ugh.

We have arrived at Todd's dad's house on a lake in Hastings,MI and boy is it beautiful here. We are staying in his camper it is smaller then ours with no slides, but the bathroom is bigger, thats a win. We get the dogs all set up and go say hi to everyone give hugs since we have not seen them in like 4 years. Now time to go get set up in the camper. Tons more storage in here WOW I could fit all my clothes and shoes in here :-) it is going to take some getting used to living in someone elses camper after living in ours all this time. We are very grateful they are letting us stay here Todd will be doing some carpentry and electrical work for them while we are here.

For now time to sit back and watch the lake AHHH I could get use to waking up every morning sitting on this deck and watching the lake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment