Sunday, August 16, 2015

Devils Tower in Wyoming

It's our first day off is in 10 days because the 75th annual Sturgis rally was going on and 1.2 million bikers were expected to descend on the black hills area. we definitely knew it would be hard to get around with all the bikes being on the road so we decided to stick around the campground and be safe. On our first day off we decided to head to Wyoming and see Devils Tower.

It is amazing how the terrain changes from one state to another in an instant. We are not in the black hills anymore you can see for miles and miles it is so flat and green. Tons of cows, little did I know the Wyoming is beef country lol...Me never being up to this region of the country my jaw is dropped and I just can not stop taking pictures I wish I could post them all on here but once I get to my next destination hopefully I will have better internet connection to be able to post them all. 

We are getting close so I should be able to see it ahhhhhh...... it is amazing I am in total awwww STOP... there is a pull off perfect time to use the selfie stick..yes I said selfie stick it is perfect for a couple who wants pictures of each other together instead of handing you phone to some stranger and ask the to take a picture and then when you get to look at the picture they took, your heads are cut off.  hahaha amazing pictures are to come with Todd and I for a change not just me alone and Todd alone LOL...

The drive up to the tower I guess Todd and I both had the same idea of what we thought it was going to look like. Desert like terrain but it totally was not it was lush green terrain, reds and browns to compliment the tower its self it was just so amazing. 

We finally find a parking spot beware it is super busy and finding a parking spot is tough but they do have RV parking in case you do not have a car and you are traveling this is a must see place if you ask me...

It is $10 to get into the park, driving up and we pull over we are in prairie dog town. There are prairie dogs everywhere they are so used to people that you can walk up to them and they will pose for a picture I have tons of cute pictures. They ask that you not feed them or approach them and try to pick them up. Remember it is their town so drive slow so you do not harm them and enjoy them they are so cute!!!!  

Todd and I are ready to take the walk around the tower and we walk up on the start of the walk around and see a sign that says "climbing above the rock line requires registration" HMMM... we both look at each other........ what better way to see the tower them to climb up to the base of it. Up the rocks we go!!!! the rocks that we are climbing up are loose and it is just a huge area of rocks that take you up to the base of the tower. The rocks used to be the face of devils tower at one point. It is like a maze to figure out the best way to get to the top it was a blast.... I followed Todd and he was making it challenging for me to follow him but you only live once so go for it I said.... I had to stop and turn around and look out and I could not believe my eyes I was up so high and I could see for miles all I could say was "WOW" "This is amazing" I have to admit I was a little scared at first but there is no one else I would ever do this with. Finally we made it to the point were we could not climb anymore with out actually going up the tower vertical and believe me if we were more experienced and had the proper gear we would have continued. 

We sat at the top and I still can not believe that I did that and the views are amazing. sometimes you just have to stop and look at your surrounding and remember that life is amazing!!! and it is what you make it, so make it what you want and do not let anyone hold you back from it. I take some pictures while up there all the people at the bottom are starring and pointing .. its a shame that they will never get to see what we did because they did not make the climb. I Skype my mother and grandmother to show them the amazing views and what crazy thing I did. They always get a kick out of everything we do and my grandmother always says "you better be careful" and I love her for caring and as always we are careful. 

After a drink of water and more pictures, we pick our path down, which is different them the way up, since it is such a big area to climb in and we head down the rocks. I have to say the shoes that I had on were not the best for climbing anything, a tad slippery so going down the rocks and navigating is tough. Of course I am challenged by Todd and his route down and I go for it. I second guess myself sometime but he always reassures me that he would never give me something to do if he didn't think I could do it safely...thats why I love him so much. Down at the bottom I turn around and look up and it is crazy that we just climbed that. This in my opinion is something that everyone must see when in the area. Pictures do not do this place justice you have to see it with you own eyes to see the beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment