Friday, July 17, 2015

Hippie Hole A Local Hang Out But Not For Long

Today we went on and extreme hike to a place called the Hippie Hole by the locals. It is a swimming whole with a waterfall that was once only a local hang out until the tourist's visiting found out about it and are attempting to find it....But we found it!!!


There are two ways to get to this but we have only experienced one of the ways the shorts so called easy way South Rockerville Rd. First of the road back to the parking is pretty extreme I did not think cars would make it back but when we got to the parking there were cars i would suggest a 4X4 truck if you can. Here are some more specific directions – Take Hwy 16 to Rockerville. Take a left on S. Rockerville Rd and drive 3.1 miles to Forest Service Rd 372. It will be a left hand turn right before a cattle grate. Follow 372 for approx 1.2 miles. The road will Y at this point. Follow the road to the right (still 372 but unmarked) for another .7 mi. Take a right on 372 1E (marked) for .3 mi to a turnaround/parking area. Follow the trail to the west down to Battle Creek. At the creek, head downstream for a couple hundred meters and you’ll hit the Hole.  There is not a defined trail down to the falls but it was one of the best hikes we have taken. Super challenging but it is so worth it once you get to the falls.

Once we got to the falls we had our swims suits on and we checked out the jump points and Todd is up first. I have a video of him jumping off and I can not wait to jump. The water was about 50 degrees so yes its a bit chilly and the moment you hit the water you will loose your breath. There is no one to video me I was a little hesitant this is not something I would normally do but hey you only live once wooo hooo Holy $hit thats cold. 

Wait we jumped and now how do we get back to the top??? something we should have check out before we jumped LMAO. You have 2 choices a rope climb up the cliff or a hike up jagged rocks. we look at the rope and thats our choice Todd goes first yes it is a 20 ft climb up the cliff upper body strength is needed for sure and up he goes all the way to the top. Next is me here I go lets just say my upper body strength is not the best I get about half way up the cliff and I lost my grip and you bet i slid straight down the cliff on the jagged rocks. I thought for sure I was going to be hurt really bad. 
Luckily we met a great group of locals in the water were a i fell that helped me and made sure I was still alive. Surprisingly I was not bleeding I have scrapes on my left side on my legs,rib cage and arm I did not hit my head or anything I am OK a huge adrenaline rush scared the shit out of myself but I am good, the locals took me over to the other side to the trail and hiked with me to the top I could not have been more grateful for them of course Todd was scared shit less because all he saw was me fall and he was at top and could not see what happened. This whole experience was awesome you only live once. Hippie hole is amazing if you can get to it I would suggest it but go on the hike up out of the hole unless your upper body strength is on point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment